How Pre-paid Burial Plans Work
What is burial pre-planning?
Pre-paid burial planning is one of the most thoughtful and considerate gifts you can give to your loved ones, because it relieves the burden of making difficult and expensive decisions at the time of grieving.
Pre-planning means making burial plans now, to:
- Spare your family from making hard decisions at an emotionally stressful time
- Alleviate additional grief at the time of loss
- Ensure your decisions are informed and thoughtful
- Choose the specific items you want at today’s prices
More than 50 percent of Americans ages 50-74 pre-plan their burial needs. Imagine the calming peace of mind you can have knowing that it’s all taken care of.
How involved is burial planning?
You’ll be amazed at how quick and easy it is to prepare your pre-burial plan. Just a simple three-step process:
Step 1: Choose your burial plan option
Above ground, in-ground, or cremation. This site will walk you through the various burial options to help you decide which feels right for you.
And if you want additional guidance, you can speak to a caring, knowledgeable representative at a BurialPlanning.org affiliate neighborhood cemetery location.
Step 2: Select your memorial space
As part of your burial pre-planning, you must decide if you want your final resting place to be in the ground, in a mausoleum, or in a columbarium. Once you’ve chosen, we ease the process with three effortless purchase options:
- Mail – Request a no-obligation cemetery planning kit, and as an exclusive benefit of BurialPlanning.com, we'll send you a helpful packet that includes everything you need to purchase cemetery space right through the U.S. mail.
- In-Person – Make a no-obligation appointment to take place right in your home, or at your local cemetery’s office if you’d prefer. You’ll receive a comprehensive consultation tailored to your specific pre-paid cemetery plan and memorialization preferences.
- Phone – Have a brief and informative phone conversation with a burial planning expert. Based on your discussion, the representative will create a customized agreement and mail it to you.
Step 3: Select all necessary burial items
Here is a handy chart to identify all the items you’ll need to complete your cemetery pre-planning:
|Type of Space||Burial Items Necessary for a Complete Plan|
|Many of our land customers subsequently purchase their opening-and-closing and vault (in turn finalizing the space arrangements). At a later date, the memorial, and then finally the casket, are purchased, resulting in a complete land (in-ground) pre-paid burial plan.|
(Community and Private)
|Cremation - Land||1. Urn
5. Casket (unless cremation occurs directly at death)
|Cremation - Niche
(Mausoleum or Columbarium)
2. Niche Opening-and-Closing
And that’s all there is to it! Congratulations on your burial pre-planning and on making such a thoughtful decision to protect your loved ones and your wishes.
To find out more, request your free, no-obligation kit now!