In-Ground Burial – The Traditional Cemetery Burial Option
As the most traditional burial choice, in-ground burial typically involves a casket and is marked by a memorial tribute. Below ground burials are usually preceded by a funeral service as well.
Below ground burial is the right choice for you if:
- You prefer traditional cemetery burials
- You want to be memorialized alongside other loved ones
- You want outdoor visitations
- You want loved ones to place flowers and other decorations at the site
- You want a marker or monument to memorialize you
A traditional in-ground burial consists of five components:
- Casket – displays and contains the deceased, either for burial or cremation.
- Gravesite – the space or plot.
- Memorial – a tribute installed at the gravesite to honor and celebrate a life worth remembering. Flat bronze markers are installed at memorial parks and upright granite monuments are installed at cemeteries.
- Vault – a concrete enclosure that serves as the casket's protective lining and provides safe, sure footing for your loved ones.
- Opening-and-Closing – preparation of gravesite for burial service that consists of ground opening, closing (back-filling), and landscaping (to restore gravesite's appearance).
Do you need additional information about in-ground burials? Find out more and see if a below ground burial is the right cemetery burial option for you by request your free, no-obligation kit now!