Funeral Pre-Planning Checklist
Pre-planning your funeral ensures that your wishes are fulfilled, but many people are unsure of how to even start the process. This is why BurialPlanning.com has put together an easy-to-follow checklist for those who are pre-planning a funeral. And you can get this checklist for free simply by filling out the email form below. After entering your email, we’ll automatically mail you the checklist. Then you can print it for your personal records.
The Various Elements of a Pre-Planned Funeral
Whether you’re planning a funeral for a loved one or for yourself, there are many different options available, making it easy to overlook something. The funeral planning guide mentioned previously is a thorough document that covers virtually every need you may have when planning a funeral. The ultimate goal being that you address all of your needs.
The decisions that need to be made for planning a funeral generally fall into the following categories:
- Type of Burial: To start, you’ll want to choose what type of burial you would prefer. Some of these burial options include traditional in-ground burial, a cremation, or lawn crypt.
- Funeral Services/Events: This category includes the actual ceremony that precedes the burial or cremation. For instance, would you prefer a memorial service followed by a graveside service, or a funeral service in your own home. Other options here include a wake prior to the funeral or a religious mourning event.
- Burial Products: These products include casket vaults, flowers, an urn (if you choose cremation), and a headstone, among other products. This is also where you would choose specific options like the types of flowers, the engraved text on the headstone etc.
- Choosing the Cemetery: Some already know the cemetery in which they wish to be buried, but if you’re not sure, you can check out an online directory to find cemeteries in your area.
- Personal Touches: This final category allows you to personalize your funeral and burial even further. This is where you choose music and/or hymns for your service, who will be delivering readings and what readings, who will be delivering eulogies, who will be pallbearers etc.
If you would like more detailed information on funeral planning, including information on all available funeral planning options, please fill out the form above to get a funeral planning checklist delivered to your inbox.
Funeral Pre-Planning Resources
Looking for more information on how to pre-plan your funeral? Check out the links below:
- Retire Happy by Planning Ahead: Helpful advice on planning for retirement, including pre-planning your burial.
- Average Burial Plot Costs in the US: See the average burial plots by US state, and more information related to plots.
- What is a Natural Burial: If you’re considering a natural burial, this interview is a great place to get information.
- Cemetery Directory: Browse cemeteries now to find one near you.
- Creative Grave Monument Ideas to Remember a Loved One: Some excellent creative ideas that can be used when planning a funeral.
- Search Burial Products: Browse burial products to decide what is a good fit for your funeral.