Funeral Pre-Planning Checklist
Planning your funeral in advance ensures that your wishes are fulfilled, but many people are unsure of how to even start the process. This is why BurialPlanning.com has put together a simple checklist for those who are planning a funeral. You can browse the different elements needed for planning a funeral below, and you can also get a free information kit to learn more.
The Various Elements of a Pre-Planned Funeral
Whether you’re planning a funeral for a loved one or for yourself, there are many different options available, making it easy to overlook something. The decisions that need to be made for planning a funeral generally fall into the following categories:
- Type of Burial: To start, you’ll want to choose what type of burial you would prefer. Some of these burial options include traditional in-ground burial, a cremation, or lawn crypt.
- Funeral Services/Events: This category includes the actual ceremony that precedes the burial or cremation. For instance, would you prefer a memorial service followed by a graveside service, or a funeral service in your own home. Other options here include a wake prior to the funeral or a religious mourning event.
- Burial Products: These products include casket vaults, flowers, an urn (if you choose cremation), and a headstone, among other products. This is also where you would choose specific options like the types of flowers, the engraved text on the headstone etc.
- Choosing the Cemetery: Some already know the cemetery in which they wish to be buried, but if you’re not sure, you can check out an online directory to find cemeteries in your area.
- Personal Touches: This final category allows you to personalize your funeral and burial even further. This is where you choose music and/or hymns for your service, who will be delivering readings and what readings, who will be delivering eulogies, who will be pallbearers etc.
Funeral Planning Resources
Looking for more information on how to plan your funeral? Check out the links below: